R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Slash spec esc w/ lipo cutoff
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 04:09 PM
TwoTone
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
I see your point, but do not agree it is the best thing long term for the growth of the class. At the very least it limits sponsorship support of events. What if someone buys an old but good Cyclone or G12 for $15 used…. Or some local racer throws a kid any old speedo to keep him rolling on race day. Where do you draw the line? Technically for many you are increasing the cost and limiting participation by requiring a specific product be used. Brushed speedos are too cheap and easy to come by nowdays to think limiting it one reduces cost.

You are not controlling cost on the battery where performance can be significantly effected. Also allowing hi end radios that offer a clear advantage over the limited features of the AM rtr setups. If anything an intelligent new person would think hey I need a good radio for precise control and a great battery to get that extra rip. Far more expensive than upgrading the speedo and more effect on the fair factor…. Yet allowed and accepted.

Enjoying the discussion and have been looking forward to it with the growth of this class. Curious are you a race organizer or a racer?
Racer with a 6 year old son that I'm introducing to RC.