R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - picco glow plugs??
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 02:35 PM
wingracer
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

For the most part, any turbo plug will more or less work in any turbo motor. However, as perfectionist as we all are about everything else why would you go with something that merely works but isn't perfect in our motors?

The biggest difference seems to be Nova motors and plugs. Nova plugs WILL leak in OS motors. I have seen this many times. Yes the motor will run but do you really want to be running around with fuel bubbling out of the head? Everything that isn't Nova seems to be pretty close to each other but there are still some minor differences.

Put a Nova plug into a Sirio head (with the head off) and take a look at it from underneath. The plug will not be sitting flush with the head. It will not leak and runs fine but is this ideal? It's what I ran at the onroad nats because it's all I had and it's what RB told me to run but I would have preferred a Sirio plug.

The latest hot set-up in the onroad world is to use GRP or GRP/Ninja plugs in Nova motors. I haven't tried it myself to see how the fit is but many top drivers swear by it.

It's been years since I ran a Picco motor (though I will probably be running IDM Picco's this year) but back when I did they always ran best on Picco plugs. They would run fine with Nova's but Picco plugs just seemed to have a bit more snap and better idle.