R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Picco P7R Evo 3 Thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Maximo
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vladconnery
Well I use the 8 & 7 venturi's. I have not had any problems with fuel economy. As I do with every engine I get used or straight out of the box. The first thing I do is take it apart and clean it. You would be suprised to see whats left behind from the milling process on a brand new engine. then I lube and seal the back plate, lip where carb sits, the HS, the carb pinch screw. Fuel consumption can be affected by weather and altitude as well.

7 min is really short run time for almost any engine.

Just a side not on the modding. I can't see why you would want to mod these engines they make excellent power. The amount of gain you may get is probably max 15% on any engine. Unless your name is Drake, Truhe or some other greats. The chance that you can take advantage of the small gain is low. Take you $100 and buy some better tires or something that will give you a real advantage like more practice time. Have 2 friends with stock GO 5's finish no less than 8th at motorama. It's not the power you wield its how you wield.

The above was not to offend those who like to modd there engines. However it is a nodd to those who don't.

you bring up some very good points....And if were are only talking about power I can agree for the most part.... However in the case of my mods there is much more to gain then just power, and if you ran one of my modded engines you would see that for yourself... There is a big gain of runtime, many of my Picco .21's have no issue making 12 minutes per tank, they idle better, have crisper throttle response, they drop back to idle quicker over jumps, better top end run out..have broader powerband that comes on earlier in the RPM range..By feel the engines will feel like a bigger power gain then they would show on a dyno, and as a rule they run much sweeter then their stock counterparts... In many cases most of my customers cannot use the extra power, but they love how consistantly the engine perform on the track, as well they love the feel of the trigger so to speak..... IMHO you would need to try one for yourself to truly understand how much a Picco 21 can be improved over stock.....

if this helps you, here are the guys running my engines at the Canadian Winter Nationals, there are a few trophies missing in the pic tho... but this at least gives you an idea