R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Help, dirt got in my engine
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 03:16 PM
MassiveMods
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mfrosty
If this engine's a loss I'll probably just end up ordering an MM5 from massive mods, I've already got the 086 pipe and a vspec carb, and for 210 shipped you can't beat the price.

I still have an) C6 too
Hey Michael

once you clean and re oil your engine there is a way to tell if its stuffed or not.

what you do is put a few drops of rebuild oil in the glow hole then replace the plug. swish the oil round to coat the top of the piston 9 to create comp seal ). put the exhaust port into your ear and gently turn it up to TDC ( with flywheel on ).. you should hear what sounds like gas escaping ... this gas should stop when you hit BTDC or TDC , and should hold pressure in the squish band. if when at TDC it holds pressure for longer than say 10 seconds your engine is pretty much ok. If you hear it still escaping at TDC then its getting blow by. Thats not good.

The engine when doing this should feel like there is a piece of rubber between the piston and head button almost forcing back ... if you get no resistance then you are in the land of rebuild.

Another way to tell is to only hold the flywheel and let the engine rest on its own weight with only the pressure in the cylinder stopping it .. if the engine stays there for longer than 6 seconds the engine is ok , if it flops over under its own weight fairly quickly then its on its way out.

hope this helps !

Cheers MM

www.massivemods.com.au