R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The future of stock class?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2003, 01:10 PM
Cole Trickle
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Evoracer
Stock class should never die !!! I think some of the ideas brought forward are pretty good.....multi level stock racing for one. But the true situation here is not the equipment........it's the attitude. Way to many clubs and tracks place the emphasis on hardcore racing and nothing more......maybe it's time we started getting back to thinking......."These are toy cars we're talking about and toy's are meant to be fun"
I believe this says it all. There might be newer motors and batteries, but it's more about attitude. I think I'm lucky - in our club, a good laugh counts more than the latetes hi-tech gear.

Our club participiate in meetings with 7 other clubs during the winter. Stock class only! These meetings is divided in approx. 8 divisions. In the G, there's a lot of crashes, but the spirit is good. Going up the middle is the most interesting.

When it comes to the A, well, they has many start overs, since they crash too much ! They drive too hard, because they forget the sportmanship and is only thinking about being on top of the podium. These guys skim the comms for every run ! So they are working all day. As a guy in the middle, I do get the adrenaline to boil AND got time to socialize !

I like the idea of brushless, but there's a demand for equal motors/systems !