R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Endless Clutch Problem: HELP!
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 11:39 AM
houston
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krawl
Thanks BIG RE for being helpful, what I don't understand is all of the parts are 100% new (CB, CB bearings, clutchshoe and springs)..and the problem started since the first run, I did put shims on the flywheel pegs under the clutchshoes, test the spring return etc.

After reading your post, i suspect the problem are on both flywheel or flywheel nut...because yes it took a bit of hammering to put the shoes on the posts...and I'm not sure what to do with the flywheel nut except get a new one. Do u think the first owner gave me the wrong flywheel or flywheel nut? And do you think a pair of fresh (cheap $1) bearings shot in just one hour is pretty average? Sorry I am new to truggy but never experienced this on my t-maxx...
you have the wrong flywheel bro the post dia. is bigger than the holes in the clutch shoes when you set your clutch up make sure you tighten flywheel on the shaft very good using flywheel locking tool , put just a drop of loctite 242 (medium blue) on the shaft threads before you install the nut , put the .5mm washers underneath each clutch shoe that ofna gives you , make sure each shoe springs back properly after it is installed , clean your cb bearings out with motorspray , heat with heat gun and re-oil with a full synthetic gear oil (one drop) while bearing is hot , shim the clutch bell as far towards the flywheel as possible without rubbing the flywheel and fill the front with shims leaving only .1mm of play , i suggest using the kyosho 5mm shim pack , comes with .1 , .2 , .3mm shims

happy motorin' ,
monty