R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Robitronic Avid Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 08:07 PM
niznai
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC TTwins
ok thanks 1 more ? does anyone know if another diff would work because i dont feel like buyin a diff for 60 than having to pay a lot for shipping from a different continent or even space
Tha main problems with using another diff are twofold.

One is that the outdrives have a wider slot for the driveshaft blades which are thicker than everything else because the driveshaft pin is thicker than everything else.

On the other hand, if you want to keep the outdrives there is no other diff plate to fit the Avid which has the largest diameter diff plate there is.

That being said, I am sure if you go to the trouble of rplacing the diff and modifying the driveshaft it can work, but it's a more involved exercise.

My strategy was to just get another set of diffs and a few plates to keep in my spares box. If you think that's too costly, then just get the diff plates. Some good ceramic balls can't go amiss either and that should see you through a racing season at least. If you can cut some vinyl protectors for the diff (Tamiya style) too, then the diffs should last even longer between service.