R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - World GT Body Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Rick Hohwart
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by odpurple
I saw the same Dumas demo drive and did not come away with the same impression as you. I thought that scale realism was supposed to be a factor but not the driving force behind the class.

I think there is a lot of wiggle room in the ROAR rules. When words like "deemed" are used it opens the rule up to someone's opinion. Since these bodies are used on 1/10th scale pan cars they can't be made in the same proportions as their full sized counterparts and are therefore out of scale. So the question becomes what is "realistic" enough to be considered a "replica". The word replica is actually mis-used in the ROAR rules since to be a replica the body would have to be an exact copy of the original in all dimensions. So that leaves it up to a person or comittee to decide whether a body is realistic enough to meet the intent of the class and approve it or not. I like the new bodies for their looks and appreciate that they really help my cars stick better in less than perfect conditions.

The biggest exception to the ROAR rules is the Sophia since it has not been raced as outlined in the rules; I would grant a pass to it for two reasons: Alfa Romeo's long racing heritage, and the fact that when this class barely existed Dale stuck his neck out and produced a body for it

This is a stupid argument for me to get into becasue I know you can't mess with someone's handling. Nobody wants to DRIVE the damn things anymore! You got babies crying about modified begin to fast and too difficult and now a hot new class is being ruined by guys wanting to make the cars faster. I don't get it!.