R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 08:10 AM
Speyederjedi
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ccrcraceway
I too have looked for the answer to what is the difference between btw 2d and 3d clutch . and not finding the answer to the question i went on doing my own tests to figure out the difference . so my answer is based on physic and some of it based on experience .

physic's say the less the moving part the better and strong the system is.

3d clutch has 3 weight hence when they push outward to engage the clutch its not necessary that all the weight have the same amount of G force working on them so there is a bit of lack in consistence in engagement hence a bit more slippage . i believe the 3d clutch runs a bit more hotter than the 2d .causing more stress on the bearing and all the internals . The 3d fly wheel material wore out easily.

2d clutch has 2 weight which are opposite to one another and so evenly push out under load . and hence has more consistence in engagement. the fly wheel is coated so the inside doesnt wear like the 3d clutch hence again a better smoother throw . 2d clutch was devolved for the new age high revin engines to provide a smoother feel and convert more rev's to forward motion .
now this what i have learned and btw these two system 2d is my choice.

now the Grey shoe is made of softer material causing a bit more slippage then the red shoe , clutch system normally gets a bit hotter compared to red shoe . grey shoe good in low traction small tracks . they have a softer engagement .
red shoe made of a harder material which provides strong engagement with less slip, which reduces heat to provide consistent performance from start to finish. they are good on big track (like moorebank )

so this is based on my experience and it could be totally opposite to what the book's say.
cheers
Alex Siddique
Just an FYI fellas. The Sirio/Capricorn power clutch setups trump both the 2D and 3D factory clutch. Allows the engine to spool up more quickly since it is less rotating mass. Easy to setup, mutch more consistent and about 16g lighter than the stock one.

Regards,
Speyederjedi