R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - World GT Body Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 06:41 AM
liljohn1064
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flyingm
Wow...quite a lengthy conversation here. Good sign of interest in this type of racing. Since our Ferrari 599 has been mentioned a few times, I'd like to say a few words about it.

My reason for producing the body was for the enjoyment of being involved with 1/10th pan cars on road course again. For those who know me, I've raced pan cars for 30 years now and actually produced one of the first 1/10th pan car chassis' and GTP bodies in the mid 80s. So I really wanted to have an entry in this class.

I always try to incorporate as much realism in our bodies as possible, however as it's been discused already, the proportions of our 1/10th pan cars don't match up to the full size cars. So there is always a certain amount of fudging that is necessary. Also I will admit that I take some license on some of the shapes simply because I know that's what I will have to compete with from other manufacturers. I will also admit that it's kind of fun to do that, since some of the RC manufacturers actually make the shapes better looking than the full size cars. It sort of gives us a chance to exercise our design skills as well as our modeling skills. Rest assured we are only trying to produce what we think is a better product for the racers. Of course you can't please all of the people, all of the time.

I certainly appeciate anybody giving our bodies a look, and maybe giving them a try. I'd be the first to try this class if our local racing program decides to try it.

By the way, I've tried to find someone involved in the rule making for World GT, and have sent emails from the info on the website but have gotten no response. If anybody has a contact I'd appreciate any info. I doubt if the Ferrari is on the approved list since I haven't found anybody to talk to.

Thanks,
Hope all the issues get resolved and the class grows.

Gary McAllister
McAllister Racing
Thanks for jumping in! I just finally tossed my old McAllister T-bird stock car body from the late 80's. How are you with new F103 bodies?? and wings The Ferrari looks nice.