R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - piston/sleeve resizing?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 11:23 AM
RayA
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default resizing ABN verses ABC

As for piston and ABN sleeve sets that with nickel plated sleeve liner, they are in a league of its own. As I stated before here, and I believe on my website you should find informative information this subject, the nickel plating on the ABN sleeve set is much thinner than chrome plating, is soft and not very resilient. Quite a few times in the season I send sets back unserviced after I inspect to find wear thru to brass base. Just to give you guys a round about summarization here, The sleeve liner wears 10:1 of piston (ABN)apposed to the other way around with ABC construction. With that said, ABN piston and sleeve sets you get one try at resizing so you want to make it right. You resize it too tight or out of round your SOL. With ABC a guy can screw it up and I can fix it 99% of the time. I love those clamp resizers and others using the inferior methods giving me extra work/job security. Anyone else have some insight on resizing? OOOr how the various methods are working for you on the track? I got another week to listen and chat online then busy as a beaver setting up new shop end this month, so I am very interested in the racers imput here . RayA