R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 04:32 AM
Ron Goetter
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by dcuz383
Thanks for all of the input. I will move the ESC to the side once I get some longer motor wires. I'm new to the sport and have many questions about setup. I have only raced in two events. One was the Florida State series (17.5 class at Kississme Raceway and the other was a heads up 13.5 shootout at Superior Hobbies in Casselberry. Both events I raced a Corally RDX PHI, LRP SPX ESC, Novak 17.5/13.5 that I bought at Snowbirds. A good friend of mine owns the local hobby shop convinced me to partner up with him and start racing a product that he sells. So we chose the JRX-S and ordered six kits. Three for him and three for me. The plan is to race the 17.5 and the 13.5 class with a backup car each. Heres my next question. When I was walking around Snowbirds I saw people with these scales weighing their cars on all four tires. So I built one. Pics Below. Here is what I found. The car with body weighted 3lbs. 5.25oz. total. The Left Front 404 grams, Right Front 315 grams, Left Rear 342 grams, and Right Rear 448 grams. Racing outdoors on asphalt what numbers should I be looking for? Perfect balance or the 52/48 percent? Seams to be way off. I have a Corally Tweaker and tweaked it. It was way off. I had to loosen the Lipo tray to do so. I will move the ESC before I make any changes. Thanks again for the help.
If I were you I'd save myself a huge hassle and just use a tweek station. Scales have there use in RC but touring cat is not where it is. They are way to precise and you can drive your self crazy trying to get it just right on them.