R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - why did roar kill off 10.5 in offroad?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Motor'n
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 2 classes!!!

I couldn't agree more!!!
I have been racing for over 20 years now and got started running stock then as my skills progressed I worked up into mod. Back then it was a much bigger jump, 7 cell vs 6 cell and all the associated motor parts. I would really like to see only a few classes and I think it would really help draw in more newer racers. They should always be able to depend on a even, cost effective class after graduating from Novice. I live in So-cal and at nearly all the tracks you will see Sponsored Pros... so you REALLY have to be good and have the high end equipment just to be mildly competitive. I think there should be Novice, Stock(27t/17.5), Sportsman Mod(if signups allow) and Pro Mod. Some of the best times I had was running Stock buggy and Sportsman Mod truck. The playing field was always fair we all had roughly the same equipment and if I was felling lucky I could alway sign up for the Pro Mod if I wanted a higher level of competition. They need to keep the class rules strict and let the racers decide what motors they want to run based on skill level. Keep it fair and cost effective for the main people supporting the hobby the weekend club racer and the bashers who occasionally race if something is not done the technology will ruin our hobby.