R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - World GT Body Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 09:09 AM
HarryN
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rob Burns
A car that looks realistic but handles crap is a lot less fun than a body that is reasonably close but handles well.
So that's it then? If it looks realistic but handles like crap is not the fault of realism but rather driving and setup in my opinion.

Look at VTA. There is a guy at our track that is running low 11s with a Camaro body. The body is "realistic" enough to recognize it is a Camaro. Yet he tuned his car to handle at high speeds and turn lower numbers. I am pretty sure the same can be done with pan cars.

Or, how about this, since blobs and wedges are the preferred choice by a few more people here and are supported as "this is the only way you can win so shut up and sit down and no setup will ever work and I won't care to try", let's take out the real names. Instead of Aston Martin DB-9, let's call Parma Door Stop 1-A. The Alpha Romeo Sophia can stay since it is not a real car. But the Alpha Romeo part should be changed to Protoform Door Stop Sophia.

I do not understand why speed is everything. Handling and all that can be taken care of with careful adjustments. Plus there are wedge bodies already in existance such as the Lamborghini. The biggest reason I came to this class was because of the realism, like VTA (which I enjoy a ton AS WELL). If the biggest and absolute reason why realistic bodies wont work is because of tire diameters, then let's make a move to the tire manufacturers to increase their diameters to allow realistic bodies to work. I am sure it won't be that hard to do.