R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New shock absorber coming from the US.
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 07:59 PM
tex1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up New shock absorber coming from the US.

Just wanted to let you guys know there is a new shock absorber coming from Texas. Our intial focus will be 1/8th scale buggies and truggies. We will then move on to 10th and sedan type shocks.

I'm posting this because there are a lot of rumors and speculation as to what is happening with this research. I also don't feel like highjacking the Virus thread and can safely assure you that our shock is nothing like what they are producing. That looks like good stuff. Time will tell.

For those of you that don't know me... I'm out of the Dallas area and race regularly at Indy RC World. Our shocks have been tested extensivly here and at other locations for a few months. Be forewarned they are PAT PEND.

The issues we answer with our shocks are:
The reduction of the bottoming out moment or threshold of the shock - adjustable regardless of spring or dampening.
Independantly controlled compression dampening.
Independantly controlled rebound dampening.
Adjustable air pack.

What this means??? You can run much softer suspension setup that will allow you to adhere to the ground better thereby gaining traction. You can still carry the big jumps without loosing control or having to wait to apply power.
Why be a slave to the jumps?

There will be more information coming shortly. Be patient.
For those of you that posted on the other thread. Thanks and enjoy!
Have fun!
TEX
<------Not done yet!