R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 10:40 AM
BIG JIM WOODMAN
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tgardner41
I know, I know, shut the F up and go away. Thats the typical reply to anyone who brings up bodies, motors or batteries on here. But I really dig the idea of VTA as much as I loved SCCA Trans Am back in the day, back when real he-men drivers drove real cars! Admittedly I was only eight years old in 1970 but I knew the difference between a tunnel port and a Cleveland back then! Hated Penske yet respected Donahue, and Parnelli was the MAN!

It just seems that for some reason the USVTA seems a lil' illogical about some things like motor/batt combos and bodies. There's enuff '69-'70 Mustang and '70 AAR bodies now so you could get rid of the '65-'66 Fast back Mustangs, GT350's and Hemi Cudas. Hemi Cudas look stupid in VTA. GT350's definitely do not look right either. And I've read all about the testing that supposedly showed 21.5 LIPO and 17.5/27T four cell are all the same (as long as you have that very special motor and the best four cells known to mankind).

Most of the guys who tried to run 27T in VTA against 21.5 LIPO at our track quit after the first race, except me and another guy (he spent the $300.00 to $400.00 to upgrade). Flame away!
It's still lots of fun ! any way you look at it!

Last edited by BIG JIM WOODMAN; 03-06-2009 at 05:25 AM.