R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2003, 10:57 AM
treky11
Tech Regular

Actually Randy didnt even bring them to the track. So there is now way he could have takent them out of his car. He had them but didnt bring them.

I got there on Thursday with a friend and we were talking to someone pitting next to him about the hollow shafts. The first words out of his mouth were "I'll protest that, your not allowed to use them" "I had them in my had but didnt bring them"

He NEVER argued to let anyone that had them run them. He did the exact opposite.

I had never even met him, nor did I know his name but he was happy to protest me using them because he didn't have them.

You can say what you want, but I was told by HPI on Thursday that I could run them. Then after someone protested I wasn't allowed to. I took them out of my car right away even though I was told I could run them for the first qual. They were willing to do this because they were okayed the day before and that morning they said no. So since the time was short I was permitted to use them, but I didn't. I switched them quickly.

Like I said earlier, it wouldn't have made a difference as far as how I finished so I don't really care. But the facts are the facts.

If it wasn't him that protested, well maybe it was someone else. But he did get loud about it right away, and did bring it up in both drivers meetings.

If you doubt any of this ask Fastharry. He too had them, he ran them for the first round of quals but them removed them. And he witnessed all the above.