R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Cactus Classic 2009!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Brandon Rohde
Tech Fanatic

Hi everyone,

I've been receiving a ton of emails and PM's asking if LiveRC was going to be at this years Cactus Classic because there were some rumors floating around about this. As of today, the official word is that we will NOT be broadcasting this race. I will still be at the event racing and taking pictures though.

We will not be broadcasting this event because the event promoters are requiring us to pay a large fee for the rights to broadcast the race. Unfortunately, this is not something in our budget. LiveRC is designed to operate at as low of a cost to each user as possible and to help promote the hobby and make it grow. The $30/year fee we charge does not leave room for us to pay rights to cover each race. The industry is not that big yet. At most of the races we attend, the event promoters even help pay our travel or pay a fee to have us there. I have tried making compromises and special arrangements with the event promoters to give them extra advertising opportunities on LiveRC for their event sponsors, and even offering to broadcast the race at absolutely no cost to them, but I have had no luck doing this and I am out of options at this point. I sincerely apologize to everyone who was looking forward to the live coverage of this event, but I will still do my best to post up to date news and pictures from the race on our website.

We will still be covering all of the races posted on our calendar as scheduled, and the next event will be the Silver State Nitro Challenge the first week in April. See you then!

Last edited by Brandon Rohde; 03-04-2009 at 10:11 PM.