R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Fukuyama Batteries
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2003, 08:16 AM
Denney
Tech Apprentice

Default 1st Race Results...(long)

I'm a little late posting this, but it's a good story so read on...

Got my cells Thurs Oct 2, scrambled to get them assembled for Sat (Oct 4) racing & didn't get time to cycle them, but you know they looked so good I wasn't too worried...
I charged up my #2 pack at the track, had a good setup on my car & was psyched up to show off some FR Racing power. One of the racers comes up, takes a look at my other pack & starts laughing!!!
Him - "where did you get these weird things from"
Me - "Fukuyama"... new co. in CA...just because you haven't
heard of them doesn't mean they're no good"
Him - "Yeah...we'll see"

So I line up for the first heat, a new racer hits the track, decides to take a fast warm up lap, doesn't see me on the grid...removes my right rear suspension! Didn't even get to turn a lap with my new cells.

2nd qualifier...I'm rebuilt & ready to rock...first charge on my #1 pack. I get a huge jump off the line (I know you guys said punchy, but WOW)...go on to win the heat & set TQ.

3rd Qual...back to my #2 pack...same scenario, I get a massive jump off the line & never give up 1st...new TQ.

Final...2nd charge on my #1 pack...another huge holeshot, minor racing "incident" keeps we from winning (finished 2nd), but I did set fastest lap of the day - 3 times! in the final, including on the 21st lap!...No fading of power on these cells!

The best part...after the 3rd heat 4 different racers came to look at my car, wondering what I was doing different to get so fast...and a marshall even commented on how much more punch I had than everyone else - and I was geared up from what I normally run.

From now on it's Fukuyama for me!

Denney