R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - desert truck or slash
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 11:45 AM
R40Victim
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by y2kgtp
The main factor is the location of the chassis, and the battery. If you were to look at both vehicles from the side, the Slash's chassis & battery sit about 1.5" higher, than the drivetrain of the vehicle compared to a SC10 or Desert Truck. Their chassis (and battery location) would be down where the red line is at....

It's the high center of gravity of the Slash that puts it at a disadvantage compared to other trucks, if they were raced side by side.

Several months ago, I was at a race away from the home track. There weren't enough Slashes or Losi DTs to run separate classes(and of course, the AE version didn't yet exist AFAIK). So they threw us into a single class, and we even had a XXX-T in the mix. Now, the Slash driver was no "Pro", but he knew how to drive. I and the other DT driver are pretty decent, not "Pro" either, but pretty decent. All the trucks were BONE STOCK. The difference was pretty clear within the first heat. The Slash is a Toy, and if you are racing against other toys, it's fair. As soon as you put something down based on a Race Bred Chassis, it just isn't fair.

So again, all this bickering is pointless. I feel sorry for the guy that posted the question; for having to read all this. But his question was answered in the beginning. Spec class, go with Spec. All other racing, get a race car.