R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8th scale Motonica
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 11:09 AM
stefanmotonica
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by garen
The P8.0R 08 instructions, which can be downloaded at http://www.motonica-usa.com/support.html are among the best instructions I have ever seen. The setup built into the build is better suited for Euro style tracks and made the car very/too easy to drive with a definite push on our high bite point and shoot tracks, so yes the instructions do allow the car to "drive" well enough to learn more about the car. It did not take long for us to come up with setups that worked better on our tracks, and this information was made available to all. I expect the P81 manual to do the same or similar.

Now if the reason why someone chooses to buy a certain 1/8th on road car is because the manual will give them the perfect setup for all tracks, they should stick to off road RTR monster trucks.
I totally agree with that, the instructions are very clear and the car is very easy to built.
The only thing that takes a little more time, i think, is changing the roll-centre.
But you can change that by cutting an openening in these roll-centre shims like Scotty does, and than you can change it very fast.
I will still drive the P8.0R2008 this year, unless the P81 proves to be quicker, than i change.
Greetz Stefan.