R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Yokomo TC, the BD-5
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 04:00 PM
YokomoAmerica
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
Steve,
how were you able to accomplish this? who did you contact to make this business entity "Yokomo America"? Will you be sponsoring US drivers? Will your website have geniune Yokomo parts for all Yokomo models?
Hi,

I'm currently working with Yokomo Japan's international manager whom I've been in conversation about this project for oh...the past 5-6 months (this same gentlemen I have been racing touring car with since the late 90's) . I will keep his name confidential, but he is on R/C Tech every now and then, and it is currently in Japan finalizing all the details of this new venture and if he feels is necessary, he'll post on here, but I'll leave that as a choice he can make himself. Some of the guys on here knows me well and also our long good standing relationship with Yokomo Japan, so my involvement with this new entity really wasn't a huge surprise for a lot of racers. Some of you obviously probably just heard my name for the first time, and I do look forward to getting to know all the new Yokomo customers

As for sponsoring drivers, for the on-road program, top drivers are handled directly by Yokomo Japan. We currently do not have a USA drivers program setup just yet...we will be focusing on getting the new company up and running first.

Our main focus will be on the new Yokomo platforms first, and as for older models, we are still in discussion as to what extent and how the older models support will be handled.

and finally, no....this is not someone bagging things in a suit case or hooking up with a shop from Japan or Hong Kong and trying to resell it here...in another words, this is Genuine Yokomo Products...no gray market stuff

Steve Wang

Last edited by YokomoAmerica; 03-02-2009 at 08:43 PM.