R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 09:32 AM
STLNLST
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCFREAK
TJAMES,i race at the same places you race and YES the front end of the car is very delicate!! Even at the point of brushing up against a board the car will break just like that.

The complaints of cars breaking is also determined by the type of track and conditions we race on. We race on high bite high speed indoor carpet and high bite asphalt tracks, with boards that dont move. Most other racers are running the car run on wide open tracks, parking lots, outside asphalt. Also with the colder weather, we thought the higher graphite was too brittle. Indoor temp as cold as 60 degrees. I have been running the car for almost a year, and never had as much breakage with this car until we went indoors and with the colder conditions.

As a fix for broken steering knuckles, we went to aluminum steering knuckles, and it really helped a lot. I understand aluminum is the way not the way to go, but we had to FINISH RACES. I recommend purchasing "JET" brand steering knuckles, they are a direct replacement. I recommend NOT purchasing the 3 RACING which is not the same material, softer and the linkages are not the same when installed.

The other option was to install the Pro4 front arms, softer material, some were made out of nylon which were more black in color than the gray color of the TC arms. But you wont have the optional shock positions(which i dont use anyways). And the sway bar hardware must be the older stuff, the stud on the old arms are fatter and will bind the new TC swaybar ball cups.

With a lot of track time, I was able to qualify 8th at the Northeast Grand Slam Race at MiMIs and finished 7th overall!!! The only HB cyclone in the A-main, a buddy just missed it by a few tenths. Thats a lot of track time to get the car right.

We will be at the Coliseaum soon for asphalt and we will see how it does.

LMK if i can be of help.
Arvin
We found the same to br true out here. The high bite carpet and the stiff barriers have taken it's toll out on the front knuckles. I can say that I've broken more knuckle running 13.5 this carpet season that my whole time running mod with the car. It's just the way it is.