R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Caster MK2 Grenade Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 10:50 AM
NitroLuver
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zixxer
since it is a gotech motor ...a couple of things should apply ....it will go rich and sputtering from a decent tune at least 2-4 times before it breaks in ....it would also be recommened to check the conrod bushing ...after the 2 gallon mark ....they have a tendancy to explode ...but if you check it and replace it it will work fine ...also if you move your carb around alot you may wanna replace the o-rings often ....they will tear and your carb will develop the ilusive gotech carb wiggle ...also you can put an extra .10 head shim for break in and it will ease the break in ...im saying this having run gotech all last year ....5 port 7 port 3 port r.....im just sayin ....
thank for an informative post...I once had a go tech 5 port I think like a gen 2 it was hell to break in but super fast i got 2 gallons on it before my rear bearing seized(but i didn't take care of the motor as I should've)...I was a little more noob then...I will be trying one as soon as I can afford it but for now my caster will be powered by a PTM VSpec/Jp-3 combo