R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - piston/sleeve resizing?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 08:09 AM
phantom racing
Tech Initiate

engine resizing if done right, is efficient and works very well, about 2 yrs ago i bought the tooling off of ray to do my own engines, when i was running cheap engines i didnt care, but when i went up to 400 plus motors and piston and sleeves are 150 plus . it just made cents to do this. one of my neighbors still runs a lost lst2 with stock mach 427 engines, i cant tell you how many time we have pinched his engines. as ray said it very small increments that is required, a very tight pinch just puts more stress on the rod, i feel that it is a good idea to replace the rod on any engine that has several gallons on or that was extremely tight upon break in. ray is first class and his system if followed is flawless. ray i would like to thank you, your tooling have saved me thousands of dollars over the last few years. we dont really advertise for pinching services, there are a few racers out of las vegas and phoenix that we help. the jobs that we get are world of mouth. after i purchased the equipment for ray he has always been there for any question that i may have had. to ray thank you. to all others try rays services you will be impressed.