R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New EFRA 7min Qualifying Rule
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 02:29 AM
getpip
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Francis M.
I've joined 1-2 races with this format and I personally like it... I can concentrate on going fast without putting the motor on extreme lean conditions for qualifying....

I'm glad that my local track keeps up with what is going on regarding rules world wide.... Try it, some of your worries might be put to ease.....
I have no real issue with the format itself ... Its more runtime and good practice for the pitman.

The problem I have is ...

If an engine is only required to run 3 1/2 minutes then pretty soon manufacturers will be producing ballistic engines that can only run 3 1/2 minutes.

At he moment I can go racing alone and call a favour for the mains ... its a lot of favours for a whole days racing under this rule.

Seems a little backward given that these days Lipo/Brushless cars can run longer (and faster!) and are attracting support because of this.

As far as I can see this will only serve to make gas touring cars more elitist and less accessible to new recruits to our sport. Surely this is the opposite of what we want?

Me no likee!

Last edited by getpip; 02-28-2009 at 07:21 AM.