R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - AARCMCC Online!
Thread: AARCMCC Online!
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2003, 07:33 PM
Coxy
Tech Master

Originally posted by Radio Active
The votes are scaled to provide an equal number of votes per State/Territory.

Whilst I'm not saying that this is necessarily the case; I think it is worth remembering that what clubs allow at club level meetings may not be what they would want at a State or National level.

Our club would be quite happy to allow someone to run stock with a Johnson armature stuck in a mod can at 24 degrees at a club meeting because we want to encourage entries, but we wouldn't want that legal at State and National titles.

The same might be true of Brushless motors at certain clubs. I imagine that this probably isn't the case given that Kambah was happy to run them at the ACT titles but I think it would be wise to wait before the clubs actually vote before we all go out and buy our new brushless motors.

Summary: Let's not count our chickens before they are hatched.

With regard to the long wait between submission and asking for a vote. PE has only just taken over as Electric Section head, before him the IC section president was doing 2 jobs so I think we can be lenient.

With regard to the weight limit. Unless someone can show me how the current rules can be interpreted such that this new rule is in fact the rule we already have then it needs a vote to be legal.
I agree with a few points here. the weight should be ok for NEXT years nationals AFTER A VOTE.

As for one letter sent to max six club and takes 3 months is a joke.

As far as B/L, I would really like to see a good case against it but I have not been able to find one yet.

Coxy.