R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Electric 1/8 Rules Debate
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 07:05 PM
crazyjr
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kvrc
there are two types of people who make their cars waaaay faster than they should be for racing.
one is the basher that is first trying their hand at racing and soon realizes that in order to actually get around the track they need to slow down their cars a lot.
the other one is the problem, you know the guys that have been racing for a while and run 1/10 mod truck or buggy or even more scary still 4w buggy and they cant put togther back to back laps without wrecking 5 times. then they come off the drivers stand and say they need more motor . those guys will always have way more power than their skills will ever be able to control.
instead of limiting the power output all a race director needs to do is say you must be able to maintain a reasonable ammount of control or you cannot race or even practice. i have no problem with new guys learning and wrecking as long as they keep the speed down and arent punching it all the time.
I think this is the best post so far, It should be everyone's, not just the race director, responsibility to keep the newbs settled. I've had Nitro truggies buzz my face at about 6'high off a pipe border at our track, The track owner and the rest of us racers talked to him and helped him learn the best way to run on the track. the result, one of the best drivers in the area and the most courteous and smart as well. What i'm saying, is that everyone, not just the race director or track owner, has a stake in teaching the younger/newer drivers to properly control their cars