R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 08:14 AM
Geezatec
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
Oh yeah, the motor tabs are fine, I won't be messing with those unless I need to do a motor change for some reason.

My real ugly spot was the posts, not using a high enough wattage iron to get the wire in the groove and flowed to my satisfaction. Right now it kind of looks like a butt joint goobered together Functional, and worked just fine with no hint of joint heating to indicate that I was losing any power there, just looks horrible to me. But that's ok, if I didn't leave anything to do to my cars when I go to work, I'd be totally bored when I got home sitting around a week or so until the weekend races rolled around!

I'll be in hog heaven when I get home in 3 weeks, fix my ugly RS solder job, find some more speed now that my buddy seems to be a tick faster since I put my identical setup on his FK'05 just before having to leave town, break in 2 nitro engines for outdoor season [sedan and 1/8 buggy], and then start dialing in setups for nitro sedan and the FK outdoors once I get my carpet setup nailed for next winter. Oh yes, addiction irreversible

Soldering maybe a job, and more of an art. Tinning the soldering post, and wire. It should take more then a second. 36 -45 watts iron is good enough. If seems to hot for you, use a hemostat as a heat sink, os a alligator clip on the ESC soldering post. Should make it easier for you.