R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Stormer Serpent S120 conversion.
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 04:25 PM
SteveL
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
[B]

I have about 100 hours in designing JUST the motor side pod plate. I'd make 3-4 versions, show them around, make a few more, until I felt it had function I wanted and some optical appeal. Hopefully you'll see the difference.

Problem with anodizing is the main colors are used and no matter what we do somebody is gonna flip us crap for ripping off somebody elses color.

CRC is known for red,
Serpent for orange,
Cyrul for Green,
Purple is kind of an HPI, Hot bodies thing.
Xray just did the xII in black.
12r5 is blue
Corally did red.

This is likely to be a small run deal. It's going to be pretty obscure.
Bob, Kudos for your efforts! Having done this before myself I can appreciate the hours of work that it takes. I also have tried the link cars and have always come back to a t-bar. Frank and Bruce both tried like heck to help, but there's something in my driving style that just works with a t-bar.

As for anodizing color, I did some parts in Grape back in the RACEtech days that was really cool and unique. Kind of a real dark purple/blue that came from experimenting when we developed the G-Force oval car kit. Picture Welch's Grape Jelly color. Only problem was getting consistency in colors when you have different vendors supplying parts. If you are producing all of the parts at one facility, check with a local anodizing company, they should be able to come up with just about any color you want.

Good luck with the project!