engine: Mugen Ninja JX21-B01
Track Conditions: Medium Grip
Temp/humidity: 81f 23%

XRC Car mag - February 2009

Losi 8IGHT 2.0
engine: GRP .21 Buggy Tuned Line
Track conditions: semi-dry powdery
Temp/humidity: 72f 45%

I mean theres just a couple examples, all different track surface descriptions, all different motors, pretty large deviation in temp/humidity. not trying to start any wars, just some facts!
Certainly, I enjoy debating when addressed with a modicum of respect, and will respond with equal respect.
I understand what your point is, and what you are saying.
But..
Look at Motor Trend, or Car and Driver, road and track etc.
They test different cars with different motors in varying humidity and weather conditions, as its impossible to recreate exact conditions, and of course the car engines are different, as they are different cars.
Same with motorcycle magazines, they test in different countries sometimes, and of course with different engines as well.

I never stated that the example I posted was "the" or only answer to all the criteria one would use for a choice of buggy, but everybody sure assumed I though it was.
However it was interesting that of almost all the buggies tested the Z-Car was the fastest 0-60 ft? In fact I have been searching but I havent found a faster buggy time, a few close though.
So I felt it was an interesting tidbit of info that a $800 buggy compared to a $469 buggy that is slightly heavier, and with a less powerful engine, with SH tires that ship with the kit, against the AKAs the Kyosho comes with beat it by almost a half a sec in the tests.

Xtreme RC is not infallible, but until there is another magazine, 3rd party, or website that chooses to perform tests as they do, I guess its about the ONLY yardstick we have at the moment as they are the only ones that imho really test and provide results. I appreciate as well their Xdyno testing of every engine that comes through their mag. They attempt to provide us with as close as possible (of course perfected standardized testing really does not exist, except in a lab environment, where every possible variable is controlled) test results as a basis for comparison so that we may examine the data and use it, along with any actual hands on or physical experience, as information on making a smart informed decision on which buggy to buy.

Personally I think the $800+ price for the MP9 is high, and as such, it better be an equivalent amount of performance/durability better. Its not. Thats my issue with it. I dont think the price is fair for racers, especially with the issues with durability and drivability.

My point was that a buggy for half the cost (even more than if you catch a sale) less hp by a 1/3, ordinary tires, outaccelerated by almost a half a second in 0-60 ft times. So it had all the disadvantages of: less hp, not as good tires, and slightly more weight... When you combine all that, and then add the cost of the MP 9 to it, the end result was most interesting to me.

If the MP9 was priced CLOSE to other top tier buggies, I could be more tolerant of its issues, but when they put it on a pedestal as their pricing has, it had better perform and last an equivalent level.

This is an expensive enough hobby, if a company is gonna hammer the racers wallets, then the goods should be worth it. Thats my whole point.