R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Castle Mamba Monster + Zippy Lipo's = SMOKED
Old 02-23-2009, 05:19 PM
nexxus
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by everyjuangohome
The reason for the whole my buddy thing. I run CNC lasers and sit on a computer all day. He works construction and is lucky if he can figure out how to send an e-mail. Friends help each other out.

Yes speed controllers burn up and yes they usually warrenty them. In this case the tech said since the battery rippled it's not CC fault. The tech is sending him another ESC but mentioned that it might be hard to warrenty another since they already have done 2 (one the case exploded and CC admitted they have an issue with the cases not being snapped together good from the factory)

What packs did CC recomend when you spoke with them? Good news is he is getting another ESC bad news is he and I are already invested into some zippy packs, which CC said are junk and not to use. Now I love electric but i don't feel the need to spend 200 bucks per batt pack. The benefits are just not worth the overall cost and headache of packs and ESC'S blowing up. Mine have had zero issues so far (knock on wood)
haven't got a reply yet, when I do I'll post it up.