R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TRF414M, 404x, 414, 414X
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2003, 07:11 PM
weissjim
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by evaa
Guys,

Want to ask for some advice on the following matters, i drive a 414M:

1. The stock set-up of the 414M for the rear suspension recommends that a small spacer be placed in the front arm carrier which is (correct me if i'm wrong) positive anti-squat. I was just wondering what would happen if instead of putting the spacers in front, what if i put in the rear? My problem really is lack of grip in the rear, my car tends to spin when i power out of corners.

2. my car is a tad too darty, meaning little steering inputs gives it a lot of directional change, i run in hot asphalt and use red sprins in the rear, yellow in front, 40 wt schock oil, yellow stab bars in the rear, silver worlds stab in front, center upper shock mounts in both the rear and front.

3. how do you set oyur diffs? should it be tight, loose or mid? basically my problem is the car tends to spin out when i exit corners.

4. finally, i havent really had the time to scroll through the thread, so can anyone suggest a good hot asphalt set-up?

Tanx in davance.

Jon.
The easiest thing to try is to swap the front tires and rear tires and see if that makes a difference. FUK_WRX is right more data would help. Do you have a setup sheet you can post?