R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 02-21-2009, 08:24 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Spektrum SR3300T Receiver (with Telemetry)

It was time for a new receiver. I had added extra cars to the stable. In searching the Spektrum site I noticed this relatively new SR3300T receiver ($100). It contains Telemetry. This means I can get lap times with my handheld unit that I already own with just a Lap time sensor ($10). As I had been paying 100 for Spektrum receivers this saves some money. I also think it will save a drain from the Speed control BEC. This used to be a problem in the 3.5 powered wide pan with a separate telemetry unit and would shut it down from low receiver voltage, even with the capacitor installed.
Note that I now wrap this antenna around the seam of the case with an overlay of black plastic battery tape. This makes the antenna almost invisible in the install. It works fine like this on a huge track.
I had a short practice on the asphalt. It was somewhat covered by concrete dust from construction. I cleaned and sugared but traction was just absent. At least I got in some slippery track practice and charged up all my LiPos as construction on the new surface continues.
John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Spektrum SR 3300T 001 Resized.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	218.9 KB
ID:	420758