R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Clod Help what electronics do I need or should I get?
Old 02-21-2009, 03:25 AM
drperry
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nice looking Clod!
However, it's not 100% stock... Your shocks are NOT factory issue

Originally Posted by dont slow down
The VXL is a brushless ESC. The Clodbuster requires 2 motors in order to run. Most people run mild brushed motors since 2 brushed motors are much less expensive to run. Also your running equpment will be determined by what you want to do. If you're just looking to cruize around the yard then you could go with some stock or mild modified brushed motors. If you would like good torque and want to turn it into a rock crawler you should go with a high turn brushed motor. I haven't seen a Clodbuster with dual brushless motors before and I'm not sure if the truck would even hold up with dual brushless. There is another site called rccrawler.com that has TONS of specific info on the Clodbuster and is also a great source for aftermarket parts. That truck is truly a great find and looks to be in great shape! I would definatly take really good care of it!
Clod handles brushless just fine! Even in -30*C
You just have to remember that you need sensorLESS motors.

Clodtalk.com is another good forum, and Clodparts.com is an encyclopedia of almost everything ever made for the Clod.

Don't put too strong of a servo in the stock location, otherwise you might crack the chassis.

Watch the center of it, where the servo is mounted... It flexes
And that's only with a Hitec 645MG!

If you're willing to carry the extra battery pack, with some slight modifications you can fit E-Maxx motors in it... You can get an entire E-Maxx motor/esc combo for fairly cheap, thanks to all the brushless E-Maxx stuff