R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 ELECTRIC ON ROAD TIRE PRICE WATCH
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 05:02 PM
RCMADMAN
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Number09
Daza,
I have also tried the 60d's and didn't like them. I also managed to run the fastest lap at both the last two meets last meet with Team Power 36's, and the meet before with 32's, so I wouldn't consider the 60d's give any unfair advantage that needs to be ironed out.

I gave my 60d's to a guy, who loved them and was running up the front, and they didn't show any signs of wear from a whole meet.

Also the mini tires last for at least three meets, so it isnt so much of a problem if a set of tires cost alittle more when divided by at least three.

Anyway, the tyres are only $18 a pair plus rims and inserts, so not sure where the 30 a pair was from! Total with rims and insetrst is 51.50 from Feral, cheaper than your tyres!!

I think you would find that different tyres suit different styles, and people should be able to choose, however the people that can drive would still be winning if there was a control tyre.

Good point Ben. Mini is all about consistant driving. Tires play a small part. The top guy at our club has no secrets, no bling shit. He just drives smooth as a babys but!