R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New E4 Excel Racing Software for Sedans
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 05:17 AM
Mr RCTech
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaxRain
Thanks, but no thanks. I think you should learn how not to copy other people's ideas. I think it is only co-incidence that you came up with this so called scientific approach. I have browsed the E4 thread looking for thoughts and ideas on how to "improve" my setup, seeing that the Type R and E4 are similar in design. I am fairly certain, you took an idea and made it better. Thanks for the help, as I will now improve my setup sheet to match your "pro version" and contribute to the RC community vs making money off of it. If someone wishes to donate $$$ for your time to create the template, then so be it. But I think you should not request $$$ for a file that anyone can create on their own.

Secondly, I think Microsoft would have something to say that you are making $$$ using their software.

Thirdly, don't BS the public with your "pro" software. It is a worksheet that is utilizing the developer function, ranges, and validation lists. For those who know how to use the "Help function" can easily create the same.

This is a notice for everyone advising not to pay for this. Come and visit the Type R forum for a "free" version for the Type R that will be exactly the same or better than what Ross will create. The photos you posted is enough information for me to create the same. You don't need fancy photos that are owned by the manufacturers to understand what you are adjusting.

I hope you are mad at this post, because I am equally in the same position.

Lastly, I am a supporter of the Microsoft Office suite and have licensed copies to use the software. After posting a setup sheet similar to this, I asked for comments and or suggestions. No one replied or suggested anything, but I hope this will change and be recognized as someone who is giving back for the love of the sport.

Gordon
Is this a Joke??

I don't know who is Gordon aka MaxRain is or if he even has a racing program.

I have been writing programs for years and have several team drivers running
my excel based programs now.
Its in the Jan. issue of Xtreme RC Car magazine.

I give you credit for trying to write a program for R/C.
Its not easy to do.

If you need any help just send a PM.

You can check out all my excel based programs here:
http://rcsoftware.web.officelive.com/default.aspx

Thank you,

Ross Bartuccio

Last edited by Mr RCTech; 02-20-2009 at 10:07 AM.