R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What 1/8 conversion last the longest
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 06:04 PM
J Drye
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Last year I started off the year with a Tekno converted Revo using the Novak HV 6.5 system along with a 3 cell lipo and had the rotor come loose from the magnet. I replaced the rotor and then after a couple of months I got a good deal on a brand new Tekno Converted 8ight T and have not experienced a problem with the Novak system since. I am thinking about trying out the new Tekin RX8 when it comes out, which according to an email I got from Jim Campbell is suppose to be in a few weeks with their motors a few weeks after the RX8 speed control. I am considering the 1700 K/V system with a 6 cell lipo to keep the heat of the motor down a little more than with the Novak system. The Novak got a little warm in my opinion but I think that is mostly because using the Tekin setup with the new chassis and motor heatsynk/mount the truggy is much heavier than what it would be using the direct drive technique. A system using higher voltage and lower K/V motor uses less amperage than a system running lower voltage and a higher K/V motor, so the heat should be considerably less. I am also considering keeping the Novak system and buying a Losi L8ight Model, converting it to electric and then using my two 3 cell Lipos in that.

Sorry for the long post, I guess what I am saying is the Novak system is good, but I would also look at the Tekin brushless systems. I have both the RS pro and two of the Mini Rage systems and love all 3 of them.

Last edited by J Drye; 02-19-2009 at 04:04 PM.