R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 8ight t 2.0 brushless set-up??
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 03:34 PM
YDBD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Heya,

I'm running a Losi 8ight T 1.0 with a MMM V3 and CC (Neu) 2200kv and zippy 4S 5000mah lipo.

The motor mount is a RC Monster and Mod 1 pinion.

I had a fire three weeks ago due to the delrin battery box ripping out and slamming the lipo into the steering post. The screws had stripped out of the delrin, which was the end result of missing a landing. It shorted the lipo, which ignited burnt most of the plastic stuff around there before we buried it. The stuff is pretty cheap from Hopmeup on ebay (Heather rocks my RC world!) so $100 later with some aluminum hop ups it's back in business.

I made the battery box from extruded aluminum angle, drilled out some lightening holes, padded with rubber and foam. Bolted with two through nutted connections and three threaded connections all with loctite. Picked up some reflective velcro and used the bottom half of a Kenwood car stereo face plate box.

The T is dang fast and handles nice on the track here in Japan. The local Okinawan's are amazed that an electric can be so fast. The race director doesn't like Electric and won't let me run with the Nitro's "GP have motor trouble" in the races....

Here's a pic...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	TL8TMM.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	419794