R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated RC12R5
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 10:50 AM
YmeBP
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
First start with the basics.

1. Make sure that the radio end-points are even left and right. Double check by turning circles on the floor and adjust as necessary until the car turns the same amount left and right.
2. If that doesn't help then verify that the rear links move freely. Be sure that the rear pod alignment is good and not causing any binding. It might be necessary to loosen the screws that hold the center pod pivot and re-adjust the linkage alignment. That step is not explained very well in the manual. It is best to do this with the pod plates removed so you are just dealing with the lower graphite plate. When you rock the plate side to side the action should be smooth and free, you shouldn't feel any binding or popping.

Reassemble the car re-check your tweek and see if this has helped.
What method are you using to set tweek?
Thanks for the reply, i was supposed to post pix last night but got in from work late .

I've done the endpoints, i've run the circles on the floor, i've checked rear pod links for movement and just in case length and damage, i've checked side springs for damage (just in case one is longer than the other), i've also checked that my motor wires aren't binding (too short or too long) so that the pod isn't binding up. I took the shock off and checked for free movement all around.

Originally Posted by PartTime
And there is your problem. I did that and had tweak from hell. Take the motor out and balance the chassis. Drop the motor back in, reset tweak and drive. Your hook should go away.

DK
I will definately try this, i've heard rumors that there is a centered pod for brushless floating around as well.

I'll have to double check the front springs.

I have also promised another poster that i'd take photos. I'll do that this evening by hook or by crook and post them .

Thanks again all for the quick replies and the info!!