R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Should electric 1/8th scales be allowed to race against nitro 1/8th scales?
Old 02-18-2009, 09:42 AM
bradfox2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bgbelden
From my view,
Don't lipo's last 20 minutes?
Pit stops ? (true story)They were mandatory and when they didn't do the "fake" pit they still got to bump to the "A".
Weight? Are speed controler's really as heavy as fuel ?
Batteries ? I've got one in my car controlling my stuff too like both servo's i need to run.
Mod'd motors ? I'm just as slow with my cheapy motor as when i had my V-specs, as long as it last the whole main i'm good.
Turn Marshalling ? Yeah i do have you beat there because i can redline my motor to get your attention and i'm guilty of failing to flip over an electric once.
Verdict = for club racing with not enough to form a class i would rather the few cars race with nitro and make for a fuller track than to turn M a field of say 3 quiet, boring, cars.

Fuel is light compared to the batteries+electronics we have to run.

My elec 8ight easily weighs over 8oz heavier then my nitro 8ight.

Other then the battery chemistry, there is no comparison of your lipo rx pack to my 800g 6s lipo brick.

at big events, setup right, and with pro drivers, they are faster then nitros, but for club racing guarantee if i can win my my electric, i could have won with my nitro.