R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Should electric 1/8th scales be allowed to race against nitro 1/8th scales?
Old 02-18-2009, 05:09 AM
rearviewmirror
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
If 3 or more electric buggies or truggies show up they should race in their OWN class..how hard is this to understand..I will say this..I can wheel an RC car..i'm in the process of building an electric truggy (Losi 1.0) I'm going to be using a tecno kit and since the track I race at is only running 15 minute mains..I'll kill the nitro truggies on this track with an electric truggy....I'll still race my nitro truggy because to me it's like cheating using electric against nitros..but I guess not according to most of the electric racers..
3? you'll be hard pressed to find a race director that will run three qualifiers and a main for just 3 cars.

Again, who cares at club racing level. One the race starts no one can tell who is in the lead on the track anyways. Just run your race and have fun. The electrics are in an incubation period right now, they're numbers will come. Think back to when Truggy's started showing up, it took some time but they eventually took off. For those crying about not making the main because the electric guy didn't pit stop, get a f*ckin' life and drive faster than. If you think that's why you didn't make the A-Main you've got some real blame issues.