R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XXX4 W/ Novak Brushless critique
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2003, 05:11 AM
STEALTH
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I would agree with everything you just posted! I too run a Novak Brushless on all my kits including my XXX4. Today though, for the first time since I have had any of my Novak Brushless Systems, the BLUE lights on the ESC started to blink! If you own a Novak Brushless.... that is the last thing you want to see because it means you either have a locked rotor or a thermal shutdown occurred due to excessive heat. It's a safety precaution that Novak has installed and in a way it's good the ESC is smart enough to do either which because in the long run it protects your investment from any or more damage.

I will be e-mailing Charlie (head technician at Novak) for some advice on what steps to take from here. Amazingly, the same exact problem happened to both my Losi buggies (XXX4 and XXX) at today's club race! Talk about horrible luck!

I am wondering if weather and track conditions had anything to do with it? The weather was warm in the morning and the track a bit damp from rains of the previous day (but not soaking, more like a heavy bit of hosing was done). My ESC or motor did not get wet (protected by velcro chassis/body) but both ESCs do often get quite hot after running a full pack and pushing the cars hard. Maybe lack of ventelation in the car? I use Throttle Program number 1 and the gearing is what Novak recommends for each specific buggy on their website.

Just curious Tony S., but what gearing and ESC settings do you use on your Novak Super Sport??

Best of luck with your set-up & Thanks!

Last edited by STEALTH; 10-12-2003 at 05:18 AM.