R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - AMBRC - Need Help
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 12:38 AM
promatchracer
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraiglC
The "box" part of the cable is an impedance matching transformer.
I have heard of guys using a bnc to rg6 type adapter and using an old one from a TV. If your old enough to remember hooking a VCR up to a TV with rabbit ears, it was that round adapter with the coax on one end and two wires on the other. It may not have the proper values, but has got to be better that nothing.

Also remember to put a 470 ohm resistor mid-point through the loop.

If it were me, I would get the box on ebay from bigfix in Australia, I have only heard good things about his stuff.

This is how we have ours set up and has worked pretty good for almost 2 years. We use the AMBrc decoder box

I do have an extra wire from AMB the Yellow cable It needs the BNC connection put on the end that goes to the decoder box.
About 3 years ago we took it off because we where having intemitted problems with scoring but we found out that it was because the PA Mic we where using had the cord next to the AMB yellow cord BTW I didn't figure this part out until about a year later lol

If anybody is interested in the Yellow AMB cord that just needs a BNC connection on it Please PM or email me I would sell it but I will try and get picts first
It is like the one the guy on ebay has for $125