R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Is RC a "Sport" or a "Hobby"?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 03:11 PM
bcrazy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TKCastle
You couldn't be farther from the truth. All forms of motor sports are measured by F1. Even nascar drivers will tell you that. Majority of all race car drivers come up racing Karts, with turns, left and right. Sure there are some Nascar guys that started by racing dirt oval minis and outlaw but that's just there up-ringing. You judge the talent of Nascar drivers by the few crossover drivers that came from F1? Way to go Mr. Narrow-minded.
Sorry about getting off topic but here we go.
I enjoy all forms of motor sports and watch as much racing of all kinds, that I can.(ask my wife)All professional race car drivers are talented but in most cases, not all, it is easier for someone coming from NASCAR to drive other forms of race cars than other racers trying to drive in NASCAR. Stock cars are very heavy, run on narrow tires and do not have any kind of traction control. This is what most drivers from other forms of motor sports have the most trouble with. There are championship drivers from other forms of motor sports that have tried and failed to even make it into the Sprint Cup. They had problems in the ARCA series or other stock car series and ended up back where they started and where they were comfortable.

Now back to discussing toy cars