Old 02-13-2009, 05:47 AM
Darkseid
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbonium
hmm... i tried to check a price from Champ on these two kits:

84056 F103R 15th anniv.
84032 F103RM

the response was that they are discontinued? do i have the right part numbers? weird...
You've got the right part numbers. And to tell you the truth, its really not that wierd. Tamiya kits pretty much come out the door on their way to being discontinued. Especially "R" or "Anniversary" kits. Thats why Tamiya veterans know that if you want a particular Tamiya kit, get it while you can. Heck, when I got my 15th anniv. about a month ago, I already was told it was on its way to being discontinued!

Now those two kits are not listed as discontinued on Tamiya USA as of yet, but I'll bet they will be soon. You have to remember that rc champ is over in Japan. So they'll get the news first if the kits are no longer availible.(yes, even before Tamiya USA). Simply because, if they sell out all of their kits, and try to order more, they'll be told they can't because the kits are discontinued.

Thats my guess as to what happened. RC Champ sold out, can't get anymore, and are passing on the "discontinued" message that Tamiya JP is giving them.

Don't worry though, at least in the case of the RM, theres still plenty around from shops here in the states, and Tamiya will have a follow up with a new body style soon. If its a 15th anniversary your after, look around at places like Speedtech RC, they have them in stock. Not as cheap as rc champ, but they have them instock.

Last edited by Darkseid; 02-13-2009 at 06:19 AM.