R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC10B4/T4 Forum
Thread: RC10B4/T4 Forum
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 02:53 PM
speedsterblade
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mattnin
I thought some of you might like to see this. Using a Novak Sentry data logger in a FT T4 stock truck class with a Novak 13.5 motor, hole shot tires blue groove (I took 1st place, point series race), I constructed a G-G Diagram which shows a graphical representation of the g-forces acting on the truck during the race. It is a tool used by race car engineers, and we have the capability to do it with our RC race cars too.

A quick analysis shows a clumping of data points on acceleration during a RH turn. Since we are running clockwise at the track, this makes sense since we are turning 360 degrees more RH than LH. It also shows a massive clumping of data points in the center which means that during much of the race, there weren't high g-forces acting on the chassis at all which means I wasn't driving at the limit. A better G-G diagram would show much fewer data points in the center (the data would be more scattered) and would mean I would be driving at the limit more.

I've been wondering about the data sentry thing. Is that the only graph you can do with G's? I was wanting it to produce a line graph so you could try to determine where a lap ends/begins (assuming your running consistent laps) so you could compare G's by lap sorta...or run by run so you can make a change then do a run and compare the two G's per run. I don't see how to get any use of the dots plotted graph.