R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - C Rating battery craze! True or untrue!!
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 06:50 AM
kvrc
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

ok this zippy bashing is getting out of hand. first off i will say that smc most definitly puts out exactly what they say they do and i will not debate that fact. however the 4s zippy h blue 5000 and the other white pack they have been selling are easilly capable of handling the demands of what a 1/8 buggy can throw at it and do it for about 100.00 shipped to you.
will they end up meeting dannys test, i dont know. but can they handle the approx 15 to 25 AVERAGE amp draw of a 1/8 buggy and do it for a lot of cycles if not taken too far down YES.
danny if you want to do a real world bench test then take 5000 packs and hit them with about 25 a draw down to about 80% capacity. that is roughly the same as a 10 minute main with a hot motor setup. do this cycle for a while and see what packs end up like down the road.
even if my zippy lipo loses some punch and capacity quicker than a pack that costs twice as much it wont be missed since these buggys have so much rip in the first place. heck i know of many very skilled drivers that already lower their throttle endpoint just to make the car driveable.

note, danny plans on testing the new zippy blue flightmax pack and not the more common H pack that most here already have.