R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - xray 809?
Thread: xray 809?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 06:19 PM
JAMMINKRAZY
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I don't want anyone to take my comments the wrong way. I think xray's are very good cars. And don't really care that they copied losi, but they DID copy losi. I am not sponsored by anyone or run for anyone but because I drive and enjoy losi cars, I am going to be biased in that direction. When the 808 first came out I looked at all the xray ads that were on neobuggy and thought to myself that this is alot like my losi. Then I looked further into it and saw the front suspension arms, front spindle carriers, rear arms, rear upright hubs, etc. And thought that they were actually running losi parts. If at first sight over the computor, I could be convinced there were actually losi parts on the car it seems to me kinda hard to believe they designed it themselves. I understand that all rc's share simmilar design ideas, but the losi and xray have to be the closest in design. So close that to me the xray is somewhat copied from losi. There are many people that agree with me. I am in no way saying anything negative about the xray. Just saying they "borrowed" ALOT of ideas from losi. And that might not be a bad thing for them because losi completely revolutionized the 1/8 buggy scene. Would I own an xray? hells yeah in a heartbeat. I have no beef with them, but I DO realize that they are losi copies.