R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - xray 809?
Thread: xray 809?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Zerodefect
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I am not saying that they aren't good. Infact I bet they are great but it is definately a losi copy. You can tell that just by glencing at the buggy. Don't need to look at a manual to see the losi in it.
When the Losi 8 first came out I thought:" What thats it? Still looks like a Kyosho Turbo Burns." I was disappointed. Sure it was different,but I expected more.

It has some simularities with the Losi. So What, it works. The Kyosho MP9 is just an expensive RC8. They took all the new stuff that AE came up with and stuck it on lighter 777. Nobody except RC8 owners noticed this. Then again the RC8 was based on the proven kyosho 1/8th scale tech anyway. Mugens the only original desighn out there. But they've been around as long as K anyway.

The car really is very different though, and there are a lot of cars out there that really should copy Losi. Maybe Losi should copy Xray some more.......the smart diffs were a good start.

I need to pick the car I think will help me go the fastest the most often. I don't care who copied who. Seems to me that Hudy has gone through great lenghts to get this car right.